Pentasoft Corp. have just released version 1.9.0 of Avactis PHP Shopping Cart e-Commerce software. A lot of improvements to the new version of Avactis were added.
The key improvements include:
Built-in Content Management System
Now Avactis is not only a shopping cart system, but also an eCommerce Content Management System (CMS). You can change the logo of your store, the text of your main page or create new pages using the built-in Content Management System and a WYSIWYG editor. The pages you create will be SEO-friendly – you can add META descriptions, META keywords and SEO titles to them.
New CSS based “Avactis Blue” design theme
The new Avactis design theme is cleaner and more professional-looking. The “Avactis Blue” theme is XHTML 1.0 compatible.
Customer Reviews module
We’ve added the Reviews module to Avactis so your customers can rate and review your products. Customer Reviews are very customizable: you can enable them for any visitor or for registered customers only; approve ratings and reviews from the administration zone; and much more.
Now you can export your orders to QuickBooks’ .iff format. Also you can configure the QuickBooks export options directly from the Avactis administration zone.
Advanced Categories management
The new categories section is based on AJAX.
It looks like a “Folder tree” in your computer, and you can easily drag-n-drop and move your categories using your mouse.
New E-marketing related tools were added:
Newsletter Topics with list management
Your customers can now subscribe to newsletters they like at the time of registration or when viewing the catalog. Create several subscriptions, e.g. “New products” or “Special offers” and increase your sales using Avactis built-in email marketing features. You can import new emails from a .csv file or the Avactis database, create newsletters using a built-in WYSIWYG editor, and much more.
Now you can add affiliate IDs to links and view the affiliate tracking information in details of orders. This is very convenient: just give your affiliate his/her own ID number or publish the link with the affiliate ID you want on any site or service, and you will know what orders come from this affiliate, service or site.
Other important improvements include:
- Custom Fields for Checkout forms
- Label Editor at Admin Backoffice. You can translate, export or import language text labels
- Shipping Cost Estimator on the shopping cart page
- Mail (SMTP) configuration from Admin Backoffice
- Group Product Editing at Admin Backoffice
- Free Shipping Coupons
- Advanced Coupons management at Admin Backoffice
- Advanced Free Shipping rules
- Coupons can be applied to certain products and categories
- Memory usage optimization
- Ability to set up attributes per Credit Card Type
- New config options related to JS and CSS files compressing and downloading control
- New tag and storefront block “NavigationBarCustom” added
- Currency Management improved
- Product Search improvement in Admin Backoffice
New payment methods were added:
- Moneybookers payment method
- IDEAL Easy payment method
- Merchants CA payment method
The Avactis team was established in 2001 by Pentasoft Corporation. The company’s headquarters are located in New York. Pentasoft is MySQL Enterprise Ready Partner of MySQL AB and Sun Microsystems. Free version of Avactis is integrated into Parallels Plesk web applications package.